B E L I E V E
Behind every no, every rejection, and every loss, there is a yes, a love, and a win waiting to be met. Yet then why does it seem like it's easier in our lives to receive more "no's" than"yes's"?
- J.K. Rowling got rejected 12 times by publishing companies before Harry Potter was finally picked up.
- Oprah Winfrey got fired from her first job as a news anchor being told she was "too emotional and not right for television."
- Steven Spielberg was rejected from film school 3 times until he finally attended one on his fourth try.
- Walt Disney was fired from the newspaper he was working at because his editor said, he “lacked imagination and had no good ideas.”
- Elvis Presley was dropped by his manager after just his first performance who told him, “You ain’t goin’ nowhere, son. You ought to go back to drivin’ a truck.”
- Thomas Edison tried 10,000 times to refine the light bulb into the one we have today. And then when asked about his failures, he merely replied: “I have not failed. I have just found 9,999 ways that do not work.”
I'm not sure about you, but I've received many rejections in my life. And when you constantly hear "no", it just seems way easier to give up and quit than move along and keep trying. Yet, no matter how many road blocks you face, how many "no's" you receive, or how many times things seem to not go your way, a failure doesn't mean that YOU'RE a failure-- it simply means that there's just a different way you need to go to find your "yes". And what's the secret to success? For you to just B•E•L•I•E•V•E ✨ #DontYouGiveUpNahNahNah.
B E L I E V E