One of my all-time fave holidays is coming up-- 4th of July! When I think of the 4th, I instantly think pools, barbecues, fireworks, ice cream, lemonade (random? I don't know, I used to always have it), and of course, everything red, white, and blue. I think the 4th is one of my fave holidays because it's right in the smack dab middle of summer which is already a guaranteed loving-life moment and month. Yet, while the 4th can be exciting, for those of us who are constantly thinking of what they'll be wearing in alignment with such great festivities, it becomes one of stress as well! Do you go all star-spangled banner and wear American flag gear from head to toe? Or do you just try to last minute gather up any pieces of red, white and blue clothing you have hanging around in your room and call it a day? Well, I for one think that both are poor options and that with a little bit of time (and creativity) you can balance both out perfectly to get the ultimate 4th look! With the big holiday just around the corner, I breakdown the 6 top pieces you need in your wardrobe to get everyone wanting to take selfies with you and your adorable look all day long.
1) As a crop top fein and obsessor, obviously my first suggestion would be to start your ensemble off with a good crop. What I love most about this River Island one is the simple (yet chic and different) cut that makes the top what it is and a little fancier than the typical crops I've been seeing lately.
2) When going to pool parties, I'm typically not really into wearing a lot of jewelry as I feel like it's so complicated taking it on and off when you want to jump into the pool (or if some mean person thinks it'd be best to throw you in). Yet I do think having a statement necklace or piece like this House of Harlow one is a perfect balance between bare and packed body jewels.
3) A few years back at a 4th of July pool party, I saw someone sporting an epic American Flag hat like this Forever 21 one. And ever since then, I have been instantly drawn and obsessed with the idea of wearing one every 4th of July moving forward. So my must-have hair accessory for your ensemble would have to be a hat. (And this is the only real place where you'll be sporting a full-on American flag piece and token).
4) Obviously to make your ensemble still patriotic and that 4th of July feel, you're going to need to incorporate some blue and white to balance out the red from your top. And this is thus where a high-waisted stripe skirt like this Boohoo one comes perfectly into play.
5) Now that you have your outer 4th uniform handled, you have got to also keep in mind and think about another key essential player-- your bathing suit! I'm really into the high-waisted look right now and something like this Oasap one is the perfect subtle 4th suit without getting too kitschy or carried away with the theme.
6) To tie it all together, you'll need the perfect pair of shoes. To me, comfy over chic wins any and every day so I automatically knew that this ensemble would need a sandal or a flat instead of a heel. These Boohoo canvas flats tie the look perfectly together, bringing in some of that red again and adding that adorable red and white striped pattern to make up the perfect 4th of July ensemble.
Shop The Look Below!